OneNet is a project but also a platform for cooperation
We aim at creating mechanisms of inclusions that will allow any possible stakeholders to be involved and to influence the project.OneNet will create a unique European level consensus and acceptance thanks to a continuous process of interaction with all the stakeholders. To serve this scope, we will launch GRIFOn (GRId Forum), an innovative platform to promote and facilitate a constant dialogue between all the actors.
A key impact of GRIFOn will be created by the elaboration of two documents:
- Interoperability Strategy for OneNet
- Market Design for OneNet
First GRIFOn Workshop
The first GRIFOn Workshop took place in the morning of 5 November 2021. The workshop aimed to establish a dialogue between the project consortium and all interested energy stakeholders.
Two separate topics were addressed:
- Services, products, and market design for a harmonized European electricity market.
- The IT architecture for European’s market and network operation
The feedback from the participants of the GRIFOn Workshop fed into the work of the project, both the horizontal work packages as well as some of the largest project demonstrations on European level. GRIFOn thus helps to reach better OneNet results. But not only, this …
… the overall aim of GRIFOn is to create a large consensus on how to achieve European’s vision for a future integrated European market design. To achieve this goal, more GRIFOn workshops will be organised to present results from other parts of the OneNet project to the interested audience and receive input on how to move forward.
Second GRIFOn Workshop
The second GRIFOn Workshop was organised on the morning of 16 May 2022. The focus of this workshop was on “TSO-DSO-Customer Interoperability and Integration.”
The participants addressed the topics of TSO-DSO-consumer
- data exchange,
- cyber security, and
To facilitate the discussion among participants, the OneNet consortium used innovative communication tools for online events, such as Miro and Wonder. This was greatly appreciated by the participants and allowed for lively and stimulant discussions in smaller groups.
The feedback from the participants of the GRIFOn Workshop will feed into the work and the final results of the project.
Third GRIFOn Workshop
The third GRIFOn Workshop took place in the morning of the 4 October 2023. This workshop centered around the theme of “EU-wide implementation of coordinated market schemes and interoperable platforms for standardised system products.” During the workshop, various topics were discussed, yielding valuable results and conclusions, including:
- Market designs for system services.
- Development of interoperable platforms and data architecture to facilitate coordination between Transmission System Operators (TSO), Distribution System Operators (DSO), and customers.
- Analysis of scalability and replicability for the proposed standardized products, market schemes, and platforms to enable EU-wide implementation.
- Examination of business models for OneNet solutions.
Watch the recording and download the presentations
- Antonello Monti: The OneNet Project
- José Pablo Chaves Ávila: Introduction to WP11
- Matteo Troncia: Market Design: Techno-economic assessment of proposed market schemes for standardized products
- Rafael Cossent: Scalability and replicability analysis
- Ivelina Stoyanova: Recommendation of interoperability platforms and data exchange for TSO-DSO-customer coordination
- Luis Olmos: Business model analysis of OneNetsolutions
Fourth GRIFOn Workshop
The fourth GRIFOn Workshop took place as part of the Enlit conference on 28-30 November 2023 in Paris, France, within a session in the EU Projects Zone.
The session included a presentation on the OneNet Reference Architecture, designed as a common IT framework to ensure extended interoperability within the European electricity system. Practical issues and challenges related to the design and adoption of OneNet solutions were discussed, along with considerations of the next steps towards modernising digitised power networks.